The simple way to detect intra-abdominal hypertension
UnoMeter™ Abdo-Pressure™ system is a simple, reliable and fast method for determining intra-abdominal pressure (IAP)1.
IAP results in 3 simple steps:
- Unpack UnoMeter™ Abdo-Pressure™ system and connect to Foley catheter
- Lift the tube and place zero point at patient’s mid-axillary line
- Measure the height of the fluid column in the manometer tubing and document IAP results *
*See package insert for complete instructions.
Intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH: IAP>12 mmHg) occurs in more than 50% of all surgical and medical ICU patients2. Prevention and early detection of this condition is essential for protecting patients from its life-threatening consequences, such as abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS: IAP>20 mmHg).
WSACS (World Society of Abdominal Compartment Syndrome) recommends that patients should be screened for IAH/ACS risk factors upon ICU admission and in the presence of new or progressive organ failure. WSACS has generated concensus definitions and shares knowledge on diagnosis, management and treatment of IAH and ACS.http://archive.wsacs.org/consensus.php
For more information or to order samples, please contact our customer service at +44 1244 832206.
- Kimball, E.J. et al., Reproducibility of bladder pressure measurements in critically ill patients. Intensive Care Med, 2007: 33:1195-1198
- Huey WY, Newton DW, Augustine SC, Verjaska BD, Mitrano FP. Microbial contamination potential of sterile disposable plastic syringes. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 1985: 42:102-5.
- Sun, et al., Indwelling catheter and conservative measures in the treatment of abdominal compartment syndrome in fulminant acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol, 2006. 12(31): p. 5068-70.
- Oda, S., et al., Management of Intra-abdominal Hypertension in Patients With Severe Acute Pancreatitis With Continuous Hemodiafiltration Using a Polymethyl Methacrylate Membrane Hemofilter. The Apher Dial, 2005. 9(4): p. 355-61.
- Malbrain MNLG, Chiumello D. Pelosi, et al. Prevalence of intra-abdominal hypertension in critically ill patients: a multicentre epidemiological study. Intensive Care Med. 2004; 30:822-829.