ConvaTec believes continuous improvement to environmental, health and safety (EHS) performance contributes to our business success. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and to reducing adverse environmental impacts associated with our operations and products.
Our goal is an incident-free workplace with no adverse environmental impacts.
Select EHS Highlights:
- The Deeside Manufacturing and Rhymney facilities in the UK are ISO 14001 certified. ISO 14001 is an environmental management system certification that aims to reduce the environmental footprint of a business and decrease the pollution and waste that a business produces.
- ConvaTec sponsors Earth Day activities across our locations to promote awareness of sustainable activities across the globe.
- The Rhymney facility recently reduced its carbon footprint by switching to fermented industrial denatured alcohol (IDA), a corn product, instead of the synthetic oil equivalent.
- In Deeside, ConvaTec has formed an Energy Management Steering Committee to focus on energy reduction. Improvements to the facility include energy metering, shutdown procedures to ensure minimum weekend energy use, minimised compressed air usage and a heating audit.
- ConvaTec is continually looking for ways to recycle solid waste and plastic waste. Many of our plants have waste minimization programs in place and we continue to encourage our employees to think of new ways to minimise waste.
- ConvaTec has completed assessments of environment, health, and safety risks at all of our manufacturing facilities. The company uses a systematic risk management process involving identification of safety hazards, assessment of the significance of the risks associated with the hazards, and development and implementation of appropriate actions and control measures to manage the risks.